PhD, Prof. Ioan GîlcăDepartments
Last Name: GÎLCĂ
First Name: IOAN
Faculty of Animal Sciences
Department: Management of Animal Productions
Date of birth: December 11, 1957
Address(office): 8 Mihail Sadoveanu Alley, Iaşi - 700489, Romania
Telephone: +40 232 407586
Fax: +40 232 267504
Books and university manuals:
Grants and research contracts:
- Technologies livestock;
- Consultancy and extension in animal husbandry;
- Ecological technologies in livestock production;
- Rural development and sustainable agro-tourism.
- Modernization of cattle exploitation technologies;
- Reducing stress factors aggressiveness in intensive livestock production;
- Introduction of modern methods of appreciation breeding animals;
- Reduction of mastitis in cattle selection by entering the number of somatic cells in milk.
Member of administrative or academic bodies
- Member of the University's Senate since 1996;
- Member of the Professorial Council of Faculty since 1996.
Coordonare organisme administrative sau academice
- Vice President of the Senate of USAMV Iaşi, 2012 - 2016;
- Director of University Foundation for Agricultural Producers Support "Haralamb Vasiliu" Iasi;
- Faculty's Chancellor (2000-2004);
- Director of the Animal breeding research center, 2004 - 2008;
- Vice Dean of the Faculty 2004 - 2016;
- Head ofQuality Assurance Department, 2016 - present.
Scientific and professional organizations:
- Member of Romanian Society of Animal Production;
- Member of Romanian Society of Horticulture ;
- Member of International Experts in Agro and Rural Tourism.
Member of the editorial / reviewer for scientific journals
- Member of the editorial work volume of Sciences, Animal Science Series, UASVM Iasi. Edit. "Ion Ionescu Brad" Iasi;
- Member of College editor of "Agricultural Research in Moldova, "Ion Ionescu Brad" Iasi;
- Member of the editorial work volume of Animal Science Journal;
- Aquaculture, Aquarium, Conservation & Legislation, 2011 (AACL Bioflux), ISSN 1848-9166;
- Annimla Biology & Animal Husbandry, 2011, (ABAH Bioflux), ISSN 2067-6344.