PhD, Prof. Şteofil CreangăDepartments
Faculty of Animal Sciences
Department: Fundamental Sciences in Animal Husbandry
Date of birth: 30 iulie 1962
Adress (work):Iaşi, Mihail Sadoveanu Alley, No. 8, code 700489, Romania
Phone: +40 232 407587
Fax: +40 232 407587
Total: over 130
1.Şt. Creangă, D.L. Dascălu, E. Ruginosu, I. Borş, A.N. Postolache 2014 - Preservation of Grey Steppe Breed as a Genetic Patrimony with a Cultural and Agricultural Touristic Purpose. The Offer of the Scientific Research for the Technological Transfer in Agriculture, Food Industry and Forestry, under the aegis of M.A.D.R. and A.S.A.S., Bucharest, Editura Academiei Române, vol. XVII, ISSN 1844-0355.
2.Şt. Creangă, D.L. Dascălu, I. Borş, Elena Ruginosu, Postolache Alina Narcisa, 2014 - Researches on the Foundation of the Support Addressed to the Preservation of the Local Endangered Breeds and the Creation of Hybrids for the Meat Production by Cross-breeding with Romanian Breeds. The Symposium "Romanian Animal Sciences - Present and Future", developed under the aegis of M.A.D.R. and A.S.A.S., Bucharest. Editura Academiei Române, vol. XVII, ISSN 1844-0355.
3.Grădinaru A.C., Ilie Daniela Elena, Şt. Creangă, 2014 - The effect of casein genotypes selection on the genetic structure of Romanian Spotted, Holstein Friesian and Montbéliarde cattle populations and the genetic variability of kappa-casein and beta-lactoglobulin in Romanian Grey Steppe. Research Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 10 (5) May (2015). Research Journal of Biotechnology. Vol. 8 (12), December (2013). ISSN No. 0973-6263, E-ISSN No. 2278 - 4535.
4.Daniela Elena Ilie, Şt. Creangă, A.C. Gradinaru, S.I. Borş, D.L. Dascalu, D. Chirila, Ada Cean, 2014 - Genetic diversity of Romanian Grey Steppe cattle based on milk protein polymorphism. Journal of Biotechnology 185S (2014) S37-S125. ISSN: 0168-1656. Abstracts.
5.V. Maciuc, Şt. Creangă, S.S. Chelmu, 2014 - The reproductive capacity and specific applied biotechnologies in rendering cows reproduction efficient. Romanian Biotechnological Letters. Vol. 18 (12), December (2014). ISSN 1224-5984.
6.Şt. Creangă,V. Maciuc, V.A. Bélteanu, 2013 - Genetic variants of milk protein at Romanian Grey Steppe breed beeing in preservation. Research Journal of Biotechnology. Vol. 8 (12), December (2013). ISSN No. 0973-6263, E-ISSN No. 2278 - 4535.
7.Şt. Creangă, S.S. Chelmu, V. Maciuc, V.A. Bâlteanu, 2013- Molecular characterization of Grey Steppe cattle breed for its genetic bio-preservation. Romanian Biotechnological Letters. Vol. 18 (6), December (2013). ISSN 1224-5984.
8.S.S. Chelmu, Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, 2013 - Reproduction indexes of Grey Steppe cattle breed from Romania been in genetic bio preservation. Romanian Biotechnological Letters. Vol. 18 (5), Sept. - Oct. (2013). ISSN 1224-5984.
9.A.C. Grădinaru, Ilie Daniela-Elena, Şt. Creangă, 2013 - Milk protein genetic variants in Romanian Spotted, Holstein Friesian and Montbéliarde cows and some correlations with milk parameters. Research Journal of Biotechnology. Vol. 8 (11), November (2013). ISSN No. 0973-6263, E-ISSN No. 2278 - 4535.
10.T. Bugeac, Şt. Creangă, V.A. Bélteanu, M.M Ciobanu, 2013 - Milk protein polymorphism in a Holstein-Friesian nucleus exploited in the North-East of Romania. European Biotechnology Congress, Bratislava, Slovakia, may - 2013. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 22, pg. s54. ISSN 0958-1669.
11.Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, V.A. Balteanu, 2011 - Molecular markers used in genetic bio-conservation of the Romanian Grey Steppe breed. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 22, pg. s54. ISSN 0958-1669.
12.Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, V.A. Balteanu, 2010 - Genetic Polymorphism of Main Lactoproteins of Romanian Grey Steppe Breed in Preservation. International Conference on Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine. Tokyo, Japonia, May 2010, www.waset.org. ISSN 2070-3724.
13.Şt. Creangă , V. Maciuc, V.A. Bălteanu, S.S. Chelmu, 2010 - Genetic polymorphism of the main lactoproteins for Romanian Grey Steppe Breed. 14th International Conference on Production Diseases in Farm Animals (14thICPD). Ghent University, Belgium, June-2010, www.14icepd.ugent.be. ISBN: 978-5864-226-4.
14.Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, I. Gîlcă, 2010 - Research regarding genetic polymorphism on the main lactoproteins at Sură de Stepă breeds. International Scientific Symposium, 65 YEARS OF EDUCATION AND RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF ANIMAL SCIENCE IN BANAT, Timişoara, Mai 2010. Lucrări ştiinţifice Zootehnie şi Biotehnologii, Timişoara, Vol. 43 (2), p. 221. ISSN 1221-5287.
15.Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, M. Pîntea, I. Gîlcă, R. Danaila, 2008 - Romanian Grey Steppe cattle breeds in the context of genetic resources preservation in Romania. 3-rd International Symposium, 18-20 September, University of Technology and Life Sciences in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Book of abstract. Journal Central European of Agriculture. ISBN 978-83-61314-24-0.
Books and university manuals:
1. Şt. Creangă, V Ujică., D. Simeanu (coordinators), 2015 - Cattle breeding, vol. I, II, III. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad", Iaşi.
2. Şt. Creangă, V Ujică., D. Simeanu (coordinators), 2015 - Training Manual. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad", Iaşi.
3. Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, 2010 - Grey Steppe breed in Romania. Editura Alfa, Iaşi.
4. Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, 2009 - Manual of best practices in the genetic improvement of cattle. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad", Iaşi.
5. Domnica Maciuc, V. Maciuc, Şt. Creangă, 2009 - User manual C.O.P.& R.G. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" Iaşi.
6. V. Maciuc, Şt. Creangă, M. Pîntea, 2008 - Genetic improvement of cattle in border region. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" Iaşi.
7. Şt. Creangă, V. Maciuc, M. Pîntea, 2008 - Genetic polymorphisms in cattle improvement in Moldavia. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" Iaşi.
8. Şt. Creangă, 2007 - Heredity and variability, vol. II. Editura Alfa, Iaşi.
9. Şt. Creangă, M. Cîrlan, 2005 - Heredity and variability, vol. I. Editura Alfa, Iaşi.
10. M. Cîrlan, Şt. Creangă, 2002 - The evolution of genetic determinism of the sexes. Editura Sedcom Libris, Iaşi.
11. E. Ştefanache, Şt. Creangă, I. Gîlcă, C. Bădeliţă, 2000 - Livestock evaluation of dairy cattle breeds and mixed. Editura "Fundaţiei Axis", Iaşi.
12. Şt. Creangă, 1999 - Fundamentals of heredity animals. Editura "Ion Ionescu de la Brad", Iaşi.
Grants and research contracts:
1. Cross border Project - Cross border support centre for the assisted development of zootechny. Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraina-Republic of Moldova 2012-2013 - Project Manager.
2. Research and development project within Programmers of Partnerships, PN-II-PT-PCCA-2011-3.2-1336 - Translating stem cell technologies to the conservation of highly endangered species. Project Manager Prof. Paunescu Virgil PhD, "Victor Babeş" University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara – Responsible partner.
3. Research and development project within the Sector Plan of Research and Development of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forests and Rural Development, no. ADER 7.1.2./2011 - Consolidation of the support addressed to the preservation of the endangered local species and creation of hybrids for the meat production by crossbreeding with Romanian breeds - Project Manager.
4. Investment project in the research infrastructure, cod: POSCCE-A2-0.2.2.1-2007, area of themes: agriculture, food safety and security, under the aegis of the National Authority for Scientific Research, project code: 108/2008. Abbreviation of project: TEHNOCEEX - - Development of an excellence centre for research in the cattle breeding field - Project Manager.
5. Research project within the National Plan of Research, Development and Innovation, PN II, Programmers IDEI. Code CNCSIS 669 - Phenotypical and genetic characterization of the breed "steppe grey" and the use of the results for its preservation - Project Manager.
6. Project of research and development in Sector Plan of Research and Development of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forests and Rural Development, no. P.S. 4.1.3./2006 - Elaboration of optimal technologies concerning the organization and the development of the production and reproduction processes for the spotted black Romanian breed, with milk yields of over 8,000 liters/head, in small and average farms - Project Manager.
7. Cross-border project Phare CBS 2005, nr. 31/ 2007. Project code: RO 2005/017-532. 01.01.12. - Development and implementation of good practices in bull genetic improvment in the cross border region - Director proiect.
- Animal cytogenetic;
- Genetic polymorphism of biochemical genetic systems;
- Quantitative genetics;
- Genetic improvement of cattle.
Administrative or academic coordination bodies:
- General Manager of SCDCB Dancu Iaşi, 2006 - present.
Scientific and professional organizations:
- Founding member of Romanian Society of Animal Sciences
- Member of American Dairy Science Association, U.S.A.
- President of the Cattle Breeders Association Dancu-Iasi
- Vice-president, Romanian Association for the Management of the Animal Genetic Resources
- Associate member of "Gheorghe Ionescu-Şişeşti" Academy of Agricultural and Forrest Sciences, Bucharest, 2010 - 2014
- Corresponding member of "Gheorghe Ionescu-Şişeşti" Academy of Agricultural and Forest Sciences, Bucharest, 2014 - present
- Member of the editorial college, Volume of scientific works, Series of Animal Sciences
- Member of the editorial college, Magazine of Agronomic Research in Moldova
- Scientific reviewer in HVM Bioflux.