RESEARCH REGARDING THE SYNCHRONIZATION OF ESTRUS AT GOATS
Gh. Nacu, C. Pascal, Oancia Maria Botezatu
Research aimed at inducing group heats goats using hormonal preparations. This biotechnical allows for better organization of activities in growing goats and, especially, more efficient management of calving. The action was based on blocking the sexual cycle with progestine, followed by stimulation of follicular development. For the blocking sexual cycles were used vaginal sponges impregnated with 30mg fluorogeston acetate, maintained intravaginal 12 days. After 24 hours of extraction vaginal sponges, goats were inoculated with 600 UI PMSG. The insemination was done with frozen semen coming from three goats to breed Carpathian. Of 102 goats subjected to treatment, 12 (11.76%) did not tolerate vaginal sponges, and the remaining 90 goats (88.24%) were artificially insemination. Fecundity, calculated at 21 days after insemination, was 90%. The results obtained confirm the possibility of estrus synchronization in goats using hormonal preparations on the basis of progesterone and PMSG.
Key words: synchronization, estrus, goats