Volume of Scientific Papers - Animal Sciences Series
Volumul de Lucrări ştiinţifice - Seria Zootehnie
ISSN-L 1454 - 7368
Print ISSN 1454 - 7368
Electronic (online) ISSN 2067-2330
CD-ROM ISSN 2284-6964
The Journal entitled “Scientific Papers, Animal Science Series” is a scientific issue published by the Faculty of Animal Science, belonging of the “ION IONESCU DE LA BRAD” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Iasi. The tome is published twice every, during May and November and comprises the papers presented within the International Scientific Symposium, organized during October, as well as other scientific results achieved throughout the year.
About the Journal
Lucrari Stiintifice Journal, Seria Zootehnie is a title of the specialty field, with a solid tradition, which comprises the scientific articles based on some studies and works of scientific research within the main agricultural fields. The tome published nowadays originates from the Annals of the Iasi Agronomic Institute, published since 1957 by the Agro-Forestry Publishing house and entitled „Yearbook of the scientific papers”.
Our current publication, entitled Lucrari Stiintifice Journal, Seria Zootehnie was firstly published in 1968. Then, in 1997, the actual template was launched and the publication received a new ISSN code, according to the international regulations.
The importance of the journal is also given by the scientific content of the papers accepted for publishing. Concerning the quality standards, the journal passed through an ascendant transformation, reaching thus full consensus with the trend given by the publishing of scientific materials in Europe and worldwide.
The Journal plays a main role within the national scientific community, because it facilitates the publishing of several data from all the fields related to animal husbandry management and rural development.
There are various scientific topics published in the journal, but they are specifically related to the animal husbandry field:
- Physiology, breeding and genetic improvement of livestock;
- Economic Sciences and Rural Development;
- Fodder base production, Nutrition and Feeding;
- Technologies applied in animal husbandry;
- Processing of animal production and food safety;
Editor-in-chief: Prof.univ.dr. Vasile VÎNTU, U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
Associate Editor: Prof.univ.dr. Benone PĂSĂRIN, U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Costel SAMUIL - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Lucia DRĂGHIA - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Paul Corneliu BOIŞTEANU - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Liviu MIRON - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
EDITORIAL BOARD OF THE ANIMAL SCIENCE SERIES:
Editor-in-chief: Prof.univ.dr. Paul Corneliu BOIŞTEANU, U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
Associate Editor: Prof.univ.dr. Gheorghe SAVUŢA, U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. dr. H.C. Liviu Al. MĂRGHITAŞ – U.S.A.M.V. Cluj-Napoca, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Ioan VACARU–OPRIŞ - U.S.A.M.V. Iai, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Ioan GÎLCĂ - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Asist.univ.dr. Răzvan Mihail RADU-RUSU - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Sef lucr.dr. Bogdan Vlad AVARVAREI - U.S.A.M.V. Iasi, ROMANIA
- Dr. H.C. Yves NYS - L'institut National de la Rechearche Agronomique (INRA), FRANCE
- Prof.univ.dr. Mohamed A. KENAWI – Minia University, EGYPT
- Prof.univ.dr. Ottó SZENCI - Szent István University, Budapest - HUNGARY
- Prof.univ.dr. Mark RUSSELL - College of Agriculture, Purdue University, Indiana, USA
- Prof.univ.dr. Françoise PICARD – Universite d'Angers, FRANCE
- Prof.univ.dr. Victor CRISTEA - Univ. "Dunărea de Jos" GALATI, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Ilie VAN - U.S.A.M.V. BUCURESTI, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Augustin VLAIC - U.S.A.M.V. CLUJ NAPOCA, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Paul Corneliu BOIŞTEANU - Facultatea de Zootehnie, U.S.A.M.V. IASI, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Ioan Mircea POP - Facultatea de Zootehnie, U.S.A.M.V. IASI, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Marius Giorgi USTUROI - Facultatea de Zootehnie, U.S.A.M.V. IASI, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Nicolae EREMIA - Universitatea Agrară de Stat Chişinău, REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
- Prof.univ.dr. Nicolae PĂCALĂ - U.S.A.M.V.B. TIMISOARA, ROMANIA
- Prof.univ.dr. Şteofil CREANGĂ - Facultatea de Zootehnie, U.S.A.M.V. IASI, ROMANIA
- Lector - Dr. Hendronoto A.W. LENGKEY - Padjadjaran University, INDONESIA
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Since the accepted work will be published in the UASVM - Lucrari Stiintifice Journal, Seria Zootehnie, rated B+ CNCSIS and indexed in the CAB I, database more requirements are imposed to be fulfilled. Scientific papers will comprise a minimum of formatting (bold, italics, superscript, subscript). These will be reviewed and formatted for prepress by our publishing team.
Page format: Custom Size (16.8 x 24 cm);
Margins: Top 2 cm; Bottom 1 cm; Left 2 cm; Right 2 cm, Header 1 cm, Footer 1 cm.
Space between rows: one row, in whole document.
Pages must not be numbered.
All articles will be written and sent in English (otherwise, they will not be accepted). The Scientific Committee recommends that the final English translation must be verified by a translator authorized in the scientific field.
TITLE The Title will strictly refer to the paper content; it should be well concise and must include reference to the animal species. It will be written in English, Times New Roman (TNR) capitalized size 13, Bold, Centre (followed by a blank line).
NAME OF THE AUTHOR / AUTHORS AND THEIR AFFILIATIONS
- Authors: TNR 11, Centre, Bold (no caps) (followed by a blank line).
- - Affiliations: the name of the institution and e-mail: TNR 9, Italic, Center (without caps) (followed by a blank line).
If an article is written by a single author, the first name initial letter must be typed first, followed by the full name. On the next line, the belonging will be specified (the institution that the author represents), and also the contact details: address, web page, e-mail.
If a paper is written by a group of authors, the first name initial letter must be typed first, followed by the full name (and so on for all the authors’ names, separated by commas). On the next line, the belonging will be specified (the institution(s) that the authors represent), and also the contact details: address, web page, e-mail. There will NOT be specified references related to any titles, positions or ranks of the authors.
ABSTRACT: It will be written in English: Abstract: TNR, 9, Bold, Align Left; Text: TNR, 9, Italic, First line - 0.5 cm (followed by a blank line).
It will be edited in a single paragraph, without using the "Tab" button and it must comprise maximum 1500 characters, including spaces. The abstract should be brief, concise and synthetic; it will begin with a clear enunciation of the paper goal/aim, it will continue with a brief presentation of the working methods used, then it will reveal the significant results from the paper. It must be ended by highlighting the main conclusions. The abstract will not comprise references quotations.
KEYWORDS: They are mandatory, meaning maximum 5 words, in English. Editing: TNR 9, Bold (followed by a blank line).
All papers must include the following successive chapters:
“MATERIAL AND METHOD”;
”RESULTS AND DISCUSSIONS”;
INTRODUCTION; MATERIAL AND METHOD; RESULTS AND DISCUSSIONS; CONCLUSIONS : titles: Capitalization, TNR 10, Bold, Align Left; Text: TNR 9.5, Justify, First line - 0.5 cm, Line spacing - Single.
INTRODUCTION It will not exceed 1500 characters, including spaces. It will synthetically reveal the importance of the investigations, arguing in terms of their scientific opportunity. Any reference data from the scientific informational flow should be quoted within, in order to reveal the opportunity of the own researches. Also, in order to comply with the limit specified for the Introduction, to avoid repetition, we suggest to quote no more than 3-4 references when any particular concept must be argued.
MATERIAL AND METHOD It is recommended to include in the paper those data that were achieved using methods which comply with all biological, analytical and statistical techniques. If the data are issued from the usage of some new methods or from others that supposed modifications of the standard procedures, they must be mentioned. The biological material presentation must include the following elements: species, breed, gender, body weight, age or age category. There will be also specified the conditions existing during data sampling, surgical techniques, measurements and statistical models, all clearly and briefly described.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSIONS ((The RESULTScan be presented together with or apart from the DISCUSSIONS). It is recommended to use tables as presentation form of the results. In order to allow the reader to correctly interpret the data, the presentation of the significant results must be associated, within the debate, with any information concerning the kind and volume of the original data and their variability. When necessary and appropriate, the data might be related to other results in various bibliographic sources of the scientific field.
DISCUSSIONS (only when they are presented apart from the RESULTS). They should strictly refer to the scientific results interpretation. To enhance the quality of the scientific work, the discussions must refer to the studied biological mechanisms, and also must comprise comparisons with other results in the national and international references. The resumption of any previously presented results should be avoided. In there will occur differences, as compared to the values quoted by other authors, or other inconsistencies in the results, they should be highlighted, reasoned and explained in terms of science.
The Tables will be numbered in succession, as they appear in the paper. Abbreviations used in the table should be explained in footnotes (superscript numbered) placed just under the table. Consequently, the table might be able to be interpreted separately of the text. Differences between the averages (means) on the same row or column will be marked by the "superscript letters" (eg, a, b, b, c, cd).
- Tables editing rules: Table number: Arial 9, Align Left; Table title: Arial, 9, Align Left, Table content: Arial, 8.
- Figures editing rules: Arial, 9, Centre (number and title).
- Non-textual elements (figures, schematics, Black/White photos) will be numbered in succession, as they appear in the paper. Legend will be written below.
It is not recommended to resume data previously specified in text, tables, figures or schematics.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS (if the scientific papers have been prepared basing on the research funded from various research grants or other situations)
Title: TNR, 10, Align Left, in capital letters; Text: TNR, 8.5.
The Scientific Committee recommend to all authors to use those references recently published, and, if possible, quoted from ISI or international databases indexed papers. The editing of the references will comply the example below:
 Stopar M., Lokar V.,: The effect of ethephon, NAA, BA and their combinations on thinning intensity of
‘Summerred’ apples, J. Cent. Eur. Agric., 2003, 4: 399-404.
 Brown M.B., Cotton: History, Species, Varieties, Morphology, Breeding, Culture, Diseases, Marketing and Uses, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2007.
Book article:  Kubkin S.,: Measurement of radiant energy, in: Sestak Z., Catsky J., Jarvis P.G. (Eds.),
Plant Photosynthetic Production. Manual of Methods, Junk, The Hague, 1991, 702–765.
• The references will be alphabetically ordered by first author's name; each quoted reference is preceded by its serial number, filled in square brackets. In the text, the entry of bibliographic sources will be done using the reference number preceding each title in the bibliography (example: , , [n]).
• Those papers that will not comprise the REFERENCES chapter will NOT be accepted for publishing.
• Those papers that will include any titles in the REFERENCES chapter, without being related and quoted as bibliographical reference within paper content, will NOT be accepted for publishing.
Since 2010, the Journal Lucrari Stiintifice - Seria Zootehnie is published biannually, the first volume in June and the second one in November.
Both volumes comprise those scientific papers accepted via peer-review for presentation in the International Scientific Symposium organised every year by the Animal Sciences Faculty.
The papers will be submitted via e-mail as doc file (Word), formatted in accordance with the Instructions for authors, using the address of the journal: firstname.lastname@example.org
The authors agree that they will assume the exclusive responsibility for papers content, originality and for research ethics, as well, expressed through the signed AUTHOR AGREEMENT FORM ON COPYRIGHT AND PUBLISHING ETHICS, which must be sent to the editorial board prior to publishing, if the article is accepted.
The journal does not charghe any fee for articles submitting, processing and publishing.
Throughout the last year, more than 75 articles have been published, both of research and review type.
Upon acceptance, the articles will be immediatly published online and made available for download.
Scientific papers review is done in full accordance with the international scientific rules, associated with the internal editing rules, established by the Council of the Iasi Animal Science Faculty, Editorial board ad the Scientific committee, as it follows:
- the deadline will be chosen after the dissemination of the yearly symposium theme has been done and should be established no later than 1,5 months prior to the traditional date of Journal publishing (first decade of May);
- the materials will be selected according to the most appropriate scientific section and they are sent to the reviewers, to be analysed;
- the reviewers will send the materials to the Scientific committee, including the positive verdict or the advices and the requirements to fulfil before publishing;
- the materials will be included in the scientific papers tomes or, if necessary, they will be sent to the authors for adjustments;
- the authors will oblige to operate the requested modifications of the paper content, according to the scientific reviewers advices;
- the adjusted materials will be received from the authors, will be verified for advices observance and they will be included with the other materials fulfilling the whole requirements range.
SCIENTIFIC REVIEWERS - LUCRĂRI ŞTIINŢIFICE-SERIA ZOOTEHNIE
(SCIENTIFIC PAPERS ANIMAL SCIENCES)
Prof.dr. Vasile UJICĂ - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Ştefan DIACONESCU – Faculty of Animal Sciences, USAMV BUCUREŞTI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Victor CRISTEA – University “Dunărea de Jos” GALAŢI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Ilie VAN – Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. BUCUREŞTI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Augustin VLAIC - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. CLUJ NAPOCA, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Ioan Mircea POP - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Marius Giorgi USTUROI - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Ioan VACARU–OPRIŞ - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Nicolae PăCALă - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V.B. TIMIŞOARA, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Françoise PICARD – University Angers, FRANCE
Prof.dr. Nicolae EREMIA – State Agrarian University Chisinau, REPUBLIC OF MOLDAVIA
Prof.dr. Walter BAUMGARTNER - University Veterrinay Medicine Wienn, AUSTRIA
Prof.dr. Ottó SZENCI - University Szent István Budapest, HUNGARY
Prof.dr. Diego BEGALLI - University of Verona, ITALY
Dr. H.C. Yves NYS - INRA, FRANCE
Prof.dr. Peter VOS - Universitatea Utrecht, HOLLAND
Prof.dr. Mark RUSSELL - Universitatea Purdue, Indiana-USA
Acad. Prof.dr. Serghei CHILIMAR – State Agrarian University Chisinau, REPUBLIC OF MOLDAVIA
Prof.dr. Ioan GÎLCĂ - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Mohamed A. KENAWI – University Minia, EGYPT
Prof.dr. Horia GROSU - I.B.N.A. BALOTEŞTI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Nicolae PATRICHE – I.C.D.E.A.P.A. GALAŢI, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Şteofil CREANGĂ - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Conf.dr. Vasile MACIUC - Faculty of Animal Sciences, U.S.A.M.V. IAŞI, ROMANIA
Dr. Hendronoto A.W. LENGKEY - University Padjadjaran, Bandung, INDONESIA
Dr.ing. Radu RĂDUCU – I.C.D.O.C. PALAS CONSTANŢA, ROMANIA
Dr.ing. Ioana NICOLAE – I.C.D.C.B. BALOTEŞTI, ROMANIA
Dr.ing. Mioara COSTACHE – S.C.D.P. Nucet, DÎMBOVIŢA, ROMANIA
Prof.dr. Ligita BALEŽENTIENE - Lithuanian University of Agriculture, LITUANIA
Prof.dr. Nomeda SABIENE – Lithuanian University of Agriculture Kaunas, LITUANIA
Prof.dr. Szabo CSABA – Kaposvar University, HUNGARY
Prof.dr. Nicolas SILLEOS – University Aristotel Salonic, GREECE
Impact of the Journal
The Journal entitled Scientific Papers – Animal Science Series received wide appreciation from the specialist, due to its specificity and inner papers value. Each published tome has been requested by Research Institutes and Stations, Universities and other Academic Organisations, by the National Agency for Genetic Improvement and Reproduction in Animal Husbandry, by companies with base or collateral activity in the agricultural field. The journal is also disseminated through well known libraries in our country and worldwide. The national evaluation awarded the Journal with the CNCSIS cu B+, degree, while the international review led to the Journal acceptance in the scientific database:
CAB - abstract
CAB - full text
GENAMICS JOURNAL SEEK DATABASE
Copyright & licensing
Copyright of all approved for publishing manuscripts is transferred to the "Lucrări Ştiinţifice, Seria Zootehnie" - "Scientific Papers, Animal Science Series" Journal. The Editorial board will have the rights to publish any copyrighted content and to index it in any virtual scientific databases and open access platforms, under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike -4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
Prior to publishing, the author(s) must warrant that the Manuscript:
• has not been published before and/or is not presently being considered for publication elsewhere;
• does not violate any intellectual property right of any person or entity, in respect with the anti-plagiarism principles and does recognize the intellectual rights of other authors for their earlier contributions, citing their works accordingly;
• comprises original results issued from research methodology applied in accordance with scientific research ethics and bioethics principles;
• contains opinions, debates and any other statements that fall under the fully responsibility of its authors;
• does not contain any subject matter that contravenes any laws.
The authors will have the right to:
• use their Article published by “Lucrari Stiintifice, Seria Zootehnie” - “Scientific Papers, Animal Science Series” Journal on a personal home page, on an open-access platform or for non-commercial purposes within his/her institution provided the source of the published Manuscript is cited;
• use the Published article for further research and spoken presentations;
• use the Abstract of the Published article for any purpose;
• use the illustrations and research data in his/her own future works;
• use the Published article within his/her institution for teaching purposes and share print or digital copies of it for personal use or study.
If the Manuscript is rejected or is withdrawn prior to acceptance by “Lucrări Ştiinţifice, Seria Zootehnie” - “Scientific Papers, Animal Science Series” Journal, this Agreement will cease its validity.
In order to get published, the authors with accepted manuscripts are kindly asked to DOWNLOAD, print, sign by hand, scan and return the AUTHOR AGREEMENT FORM ON COPYRIGHT AND PUBLISHING ETHICS to the editorial board of the journal, by e-mail to: email@example.com
The Journal Lucrari Stiintifice - seria Zootehnie is ranked CNCSIS B+ and indexed in certain international databases.
In order to visualise the International Databases, please access the links below:
CAB - abstract
CAB - full text
GENAMICS JOURNAL SEEK DATABASE