Foreign students who want to enroll to The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iasi can register for courses without passing the entrance examination. The candidates for the PhD programmes are required to pass an examination in order to prove that they have the necessary background knowlwdge in the respective field of study; they also need the scientific co-ordinator's written agreement.
In order to apply for studying at the "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iasi, the foreign students need to submit the following documents:
- Application form,
- For undergraduate studies: Baccalaureate Diploma or equivalent-certified copy,
- For graduate applicants or PhD: The graduation diploma-certified copy,
- Academic records translated into Romanian, English or French,
- Romanian language certificate,
- Birth certificate- certified copy,
- Marriage certificate (if the applicant's last name changed subsequent to marriage)- certified copy,
- Passport-certified copy,
- Medical certificate,
- Four passport-size photos.
The PhD applicants must also submit: Curriculum vitae and List of publications.
All applicants must submit the original of scolastic records such as the degree certificate acting as a proof of study. This documents must be endorsed by the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research or the appropriate legal authority, and by the Romanian Embassy in the applicant's country.
All the documents listed above must be submitted to the Romanian Ministry of National Education. Before registration, all the documents are checked by the Romanian Ministry of National Education in order to make sure they are valid. If the study documents are issued in an international language, they no longer have to be translated into Romanian, as their certification by the Romanian embassy/consulate in the issuing country is enough.
Through its above-mentioned department, the Ministry of National Education ensures:
- the equivalence of the studies attended in the origin countries according to the conventions Romania is partner
- the financial conditions the students have to fulfill
- the distribution of students at institutions of higher education according to their specialization and their wish
- counselling students who need to go through a medical exam before being admitted Foreign students who enroll through the Ministry of National Education will contact The International Relations Office within UASVM and will submit the following documents: the Order of the Minister of Education and Research and the bank receipt proving the payment of fees.
Knowledge of Romanian language is required in all faculties of the University.
The courses and labs are in Romanian language.
Foreign students who want to attend undergraduate or postgraduate courses taught in Romanian, and do not speak Romanian, begin their studies with the Romanian Language Preparatory Course, offered by the "Al.I.Cuza" University of Iasi, the monthly fee being 320 USD.
Foreign students who want to attend undergraduate or postgraduate courses taught in Romanian, and speak Romanian, begin their studies after passing a Romanian Language Examination at The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iasi.
The candidates, who can formally prove that they have studied in Romania for least four years consecutively, do not need to pass the Romanian language test or to attend the preparatory year.
- $ 320 USD /month, during the accademic year (10 months)
- $ 340 USD /month, for Ph.D. and Master studies.
- Foreign citizens of Romanian ethnicity can benefit of 33% tuition discount, if they do not waive Romanian citizenship. They must contact the Consular Department of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the Romanian Embassy in their country.