The journal was founded on 2nd December 1967, at Iaşi. It has begun its activity in 1968 within the Agricultural
Research Station of Podu-Iloaiei, Iaşi County, in co-operation with the research stations from Moldavia and the
Agronomical Institute of Iaşi (today, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Iaşi).
Since 2006, Cercetări Agronomice în Moldova (Agronomical Research in Moldavia)
is being published under the aegis of the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of
Iaşi, at the "Ion Ionescu de la Brad" Publishing House. The journal tries to cover all the aspects concerning the
agricultural research and to apply the scientific results into practice.
Cercetări Agronomice în Moldova (Agronomical Research in Moldavia) is a
quarterly journal and publishes original, theoretic, experimental and technical studies on research activities carried
out by the research agricultural stations and high agronomic education. Articles are written in English. The goal of
the journal is to spread in Romania and abroad the results of the agricultural scientific research carried out in
Romania and in other countries.
The journal is indexed in the following databases:
- CAB International - a science-based development and information organization in the agricultural field,
- SCIRUS – the most comprehensive scientific research database developed by Elsevier Science - the most comprehensive scientific research database developed by Elsevier Science,
- GENAMICS Journal Seek - the largest completely categorized database of scholarly journals (under the English name Agronomical Research in Moldavia),
- DIRECTORY OF OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS (DOAJ) (this service covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals),
- AGRIS - a global public domain Database with a great number of structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology,
- INDEX COPERNICUS (IC) - a world-wide online database of user-contributed information, including scientist profiles, as well as of scientific institutions, publications and projects.